Archive

UDK: 726.001.3:624.97
DOI: n/a

Published: Građevinar 60 (2008) 5
Paper type: Professional paper
Download article (Croatian): PDF
Download article (English): n/a
View count: 5519

Vukovar Calvinist church belltower built in 1910

Dragan Damjanović

Abstract

The method used in 1910 to build the Calvinist church belltower in Vukovar is described. Based on the design made by the Vukovar engineer Fran Funtak, the belltower was built by the then reputable building company Banheyer and son. Built in Secession style, this oldest reinforced-concrete belltower in Croatia was erected next to the older part of the building, originally the first Vukovar synagogue, which was acquired by Calvinist community in 1894-1895. The belltower and the entire church were demolished in 1960s.

Keywords
Vukovar, engineer Fran Funtak, reinforced-concrete belltower, Secession style, Calvinist church, belltower

HOW TO CITE THIS ARTICLE:

Damjanović, D.: Vukovar Calvinist church belltower built in 1910, GRAĐEVINAR, 60 (2008) 5

OR:

Damjanović, D. (2008). Vukovar Calvinist church belltower built in 1910, GRAĐEVINAR, 60 (5)
Authors:

Dragan Damjanović
University of Zagreb,
Faculty of Philosophy,
Department of Art History